Saturday, October 10, 2015

Holler for some challah


 I happened upon this challah recipe  and I thought to myself why wouldn't I try it. First off challah may be one of my favorite types of bread. Though I promise never to list my likes of bread from greatest to least because even I don't want to hear that. Second braids in bread just make everything prettier. It looks like it should be served at a fancy restaurant. With that I set out to make me some challah.

I am pretty happy with the end product. For those of you who have had challah you know what it taste likes. For those of you who have never had challah it taste kinda like egg bread. Probably because it is made up with mostly eggs.

Few heads up for those of you who are adventuras  enough to try challah for yourself. One I learned the more egg yokes you brush on the top the darker the bread will get. I learned that in the process of making this loaf. Also learned that braiding dough is harder than braiding hair.

I am still learning the technic of breading. Is that what it is called to be one who makes bread? If not then I think it should be. You meet someone new and you ask them what they do and they respond "I am a breader" Yep it has a nice ring to it. With that I am no expert in making bread but I am trying to broaden my kitchen skills.

Hope you feel like trying something new in your kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment