Sunday, October 25, 2015

Carb or cashew?

This week I have been busy, but I made a promise to myself that I would blog once a week. Just a few non food related things on the agenda. My husband told me in confidence to inform my readers that he realizes that my grammar is horrible (I made him promise to always tell me when I need improvement). This means most of you probably realize I have really bad grammar. Well, I apologize for that, it has been that way for a while. I have what the doctors call, visual motor integration convergence and visual processing. No, I did not just string some big words together. I assume no one has heard of this because it's rare or at least rarely diagnosed. Anyway to sum up I pretty much read everything like it's an upside down word search. So you can see why my grammar is sometimes bad, okay most the time it is bad. No excuses, this is me trying. Okay onto better things. First off this is not a grammar blog this blog is about the love we all share of food. So we power through my bad grammar and onto the food.

I totally blanked on taking pictures of my chocolate chip muffins this week. As I was going through the rest of the week I had to think of what to do. I remembered I had a can of mixed nuts. Sitting down I start to pick through the mixed nuts and pull out all the cashews. Side note I hate when you have any type of  mix if it be nuts, Chex, or trail when someone picks out one item only, I want to hit their hand out of the bowl. It's just rude, personally. Okay back to these cashews. I pick out all the cashews put them on a pan and bake them five minutes. I then tossed the warmed cashews in Rosemary, ghost pepper, butter, and maple syrup. This was not the recipe but you have to substitute flavor when you don't have an item. Don't be afraid to change up a recipe if you don't have an item on the ingredients list. Be adventures with your food. These little cashews pack so much flavor at first you are all there nice but then like any medley you just keep eating.

I have been contemplating getting a Dutch oven for almost a year. I love artisan bread plus it's so versatile you can make anything from bread to breaded chicken in a dutch oven. But the better brands are pricey so I hemmed and I hawed. Well, I finally was persuaded by my husband to just get one. I am SO glad I listen to that man. I broke my new toy in with artisan bread. I'm Italian so it explains the love of bread I have. I remember listening to stories about my great grandmother with her big Italian arms mixing fresh bread every day. So to follow in great grandmas footsteps I set out to make bread. This is nice since this recipe has one of the smallest ingredient list which is a plus. Bread usually takes an hour to twenty-four hours just to let the dough rise. Not with artisan bread, thirty minutes to rise and forty minutes to cook. This means you can start the bread at the beginning of dinner prep and have fresh, warm, homemade bread at dinner. Yum! I personally love any carb you can add butter to. Plus this recipe can be flavored. Add cheese, fresh herbs, or jalapeƱos and you have a fun new twist to a simple bread. I was planning on eating dinner but I think I might just eat the bread. Until next week try to be adventures and make your own ingredients list. You never know what the end product will be until you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment