Saturday, October 10, 2015

Cake Off


 Our church had a cake off to celebrate the leaves falling. With that we decided a blind tasting of cakes would be the best way to commemorate, well cakes. Since cake is good but multiple cakes is better. So our church came together and brought the best cakes they had. All that to say Sunday is tomorrow and I have no idea what cakes where there. These two cakes are mine. I couldn't decide which one I wanted to enter so I made both. I then proceeded to eat one of them which made my decision a lot easier. What cake did I eat, you ask? That is a good question on our right we have a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. Simple yet it has the best ingredients, one vanilla cake and two chocolate. This little ditty is called a baby cake because it can be cut into four pieces and is perfect for a small family. It can also be eaten with a fork alone on the couch while watching a chick flick alone in the dark.
In other news we have the option on our left. This cake has a blondie brownie as a crust. Then is topped with a caramel cheesecake, which is garnished with an apple pie filling. It is then decorated with a cinnamon whipped cream. (Side note cinnamon in whipped cream genius) I didn't think of it but I am liking whoever did. I am not a huge brownie fan but blonde brownies are so good. Because they substitute chocolate for brown sugar. I suggest you always make your own whipped cream. Everyone tends to just buy the canned stuff but whipped cream is so easy to make. Just put heavy cream in a blender and whip it. If you add a little powder sugar it taste so much better than anything from a can. Like I said before add a dash of cinnamon it makes it taste like pie.

Anyways back to which cake did I eat. I know you are all sitting at the edge of your seats in anticipation. I ate the right one. So that means tomorrow I am entering the cheesecake cake. Maybe next time I blog I will let you know if I won. And remember one cake is good to share, but if you make two you can eat one all by yourself.

1 comment: