Monday, December 7, 2015

Bread is better

Last week I decided to take a break since it was thanksgiving. And with the holiday season upon us cooking is essential. So to start off my holiday cooking I made a few types of bread. Cheddar biscuits, honey oat rolls, artisan loaf and a simple butter roll. The thing I am finding about breads is there are so many types. Growing up it was either white or wheat. But with cooking you get to see how many hundred types of bread there is. With the different types of bread they are all made differently. Biscuits don't use yeast so you don't have to wait for the dough to rise. Rolls on the other hand usually use yeast. With that it can take anywhere from an hour to overnight before you can cook it. Plus you can add amazing add ins; cheese, herbs, oats, even cranberries. Artisan bread you let rise but unlike rolls that you have to separate into individual pieces artisan bread just gets dumped in the pot and cooks whole.

With my food in hand we braved LA traffic to be with family. Even though by the end of thanksgiving there was no bread left over I left happy. It's one of those bitter sweet moments. Bitter because I wanted more and sweet to know everyone enjoyed them. With this happy feeling in me I go on to face my next holiday. Christmas, I hope by the end of December I can bring you some great holiday treats that don't in tale sugar cookies decorated with frosting. Not to rag on sugar cookies one of my favorite memories as a child is going to my grandmas with all my cousins and aunts and my grandma has sugar cookies for us to decorate. She would make frosting and have every type of candy ready for us to use. It was so much fun. As an adult the end product would be way to much of a sugar high. This season lets try to get some new treats on our table.

No comments:

Post a Comment