Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Party for 1

Have you ever had to use the dreaded words, party of one when you go out to eat? I know I haven't because of one reason. I refuse to eat out alone. This may sound ridiculous but is true, I have never even been to a drive through alone. I think the closest thing I have done is grabbed a smoothie. It was horrible. I don't know what it is I just feel like people are judging me. I want to scream at them, I'm married I just wanted to grab a drink after work before I head home. Even though if I had heard someone else say that statement, I would judge them even more than before. Maybe it's just me that my mind goes a million miles and can make up a story on the spot but due to that and probably my fear of being alone I have never eaten alone.

Due to this personal fact I eat at home a lot. Have you ever wanted something fancier than buttered pasta but feel silly making it because your eating by yourself? You may be thinking what does she know she just admitted she was married, well that is true but my husband also works nights so I do dinner for one a lot. The thing is even if I want something fancy it's hard to find a recipe that only makes for one.

The other night I was in just this predicament. Last month was my birthday and my mom got me individual serving dishes. Which means I can make small versions of anything that cooks in a casserole dish. I looked in my cupboards and found left over lasagna noodles, marinara and some cheese. So I made an individual lasagna. It only took two lasagna noodles which was nice and simple. Just like any lasagna it was noodle, marinara, and some ricotta. Then fold the second half of the noodle on top and do it all over again. End with the cheese on top then bake so it gets nice and browned. It is a perfect size for just one or if you have multiple dishes to bake in I think it would look nice for a party as well. Everyone gets their own dish. So no matter if it's just you or multiple people fancy food can be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment