Monday, November 23, 2015

Picture this



Have you ever seen a picture of something and think to yourself 'wow that looks amazing'? Well I have a lot, usually with food. Flipping through a cookbook or online and I just think I want that. Sometimes I just stop and have to make it. So the other night around midnight I started the process of making the dough for croissants. I let it sit over night in the fridge so this morning I could make prosciutto, Gouda croissants. I know right, if you saw the picture you would want it also. After I rolled out the croissants I added the toppings then rolled them up. Longer edge to smallest edge. Then I egg washed it and let it sit another hour and a half. Which is so hard when your like me and patience is not your thing. So after the longest hour and a half of my life I got to put the croissants in the oven. After only thirty minutes they were done. And can I just say, I ate two. Which isn't bad since my husband ate three. I am so glad that sometimes a picture turns out to be just as good as the real thing.

I'm going to be candid with you. I am struggling to write this week. Do you ever have those days where something so normal can be a struggle. Well, this is one of those weeks for me. Because of that reason I am cutting this week short. 

Before I  sign off I have to say have an amazing holiday no matter what you do. And remember foods amazing so do ruin all of it by over eating.






No comments:

Post a Comment