Monday, November 9, 2015

Pear pop over

Have you ever had a week where everything seemed to be going great?  You get to the weekend and it looks like all will be well for another week...then you wake up and your life plan has stopped in its tracks and you are left wondering, "where did it go wrong?" That was my last week. One thing that helps me calm down and get a hold of myself is food. I'm guessing food helps a lot of us get through some of those tougher moments in life.

 To help me I ate a PEAR POP OVER.
To make a pear pop over it is so simple. Peel and slice around three or four pears. Then saute them in a sugar mixture, similar to an apple pie filling. Really coat the pears so they have some color to them and are nice and soft. Then get puff pastry and line a pie tin with it. Make sure you cut off any extra pastry dough. Then line the inside with the pears. I added some sliced almonds and sugar on the bottom .                                                                  
 I also added the almond sugar mix to the top after I stuffed all my pears in the tin. Then just take the puff pastry that is hanging over and nicely fold it on top. Make sure you leave an opening on top so you can see the pear.

If you don't want to slice the pear you can always just give it a nice rough chop and make it look more rustic. What you want to make sure about is that the pieces no matter how you slice them are roughly the same size. This will insure that the pears all cook evenly. If your pieces differ too much then some might be really mushy and some might still be hard. That is the main thing you want to avoid.

Also if you don't like using puff pastry feel free to substitute it for a simple pie crust.
After about twenty-five minutes at 375 I pulled it out of the oven. You want to make sure your crust is that nice golden brown. If you pull it out to soon the bottom won't cook. You don't want raw puff pastry. You can see the middle hole has opened up some that is fine. Its so flaky and sweet when you eat it hot. Though eating it cold taste just as good.

If you want to pair it with a vanilla bean ice cream I think that would be heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment