Sunday, September 6, 2015

Breakfast


I know it has been awhile since I have written anything. No excuses just life took over and also I am not tech savvy what so ever. Which you can probably tell since I wrote these last three posts backwards. So here is breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have been on a cooking roll this past year. Not only did I land a job in the kitchen, I just love cooking. Which if you read this then you already knew that. Below I have a few breakfast eats for you. 

Homemade cinnamon rolls. I have never attempted to make cinnamon rolls before. One, because they include yeast and that is hard to get right. Two, because they are so good to eat and I would and could eat the whole batch. Which would be a total stomach ache, one of those good stomach aches but one none the less. A few things I took away from this is that a good rolling pin can never be replaced. Also if you refrigerate the cinnamon rolls before you cut them they don't smoosh as easy. 

Scones: the best food. These holiday scones are made for every day eating. The ones below are cranberry with orange zest. Cooking tip, zesting is not only fun it gives a little umph to most all dishes. Especially, in these scones. The best part about scones is that you can take away the special ingredient and replace it with any other ingredient and you got a new flavor of scones. Take the cranberry orange and replace it with chocolate chips or apples and brown sugar. No matter the main ingredient scones are amazing. 

Healthy pie, so I have not named this last breakfast item. Sorry but names are hard and well its a veggie pie so there you go. This individual pie is so easy. Pick your favorite veggies, I did carrots,  zucchini, and onion. Really any veggie you can grade will work. With a little salt and pepper all taste better. Any type of pie crust works for these bad boys, so it can be as healthy or not as healthy as you want. I did a second run of these and added egg which turned it into a fancy quiche. What ever really suites your fancy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment