Sunday, April 24, 2016

Steak wrap

We had some extra steak and I really was not sure what to do with it. So I decided what ever I did I needed to cut it up. So I started there, I cut the steak nice and thin. From there I just kinda went with it. I have been reading a lot about sauces and so I knew I wanted to try out a new balsamic dressing. So I thought what goes with steak and balsamic. With that I put together this steak wrap. Steak is one of those meats you really don't want in-between two slices of bread. At least I don't I have never been fond of a hot sandwich.
As you can see I sliced the steak thin. Then I decided it was to large to eat without a fork and knife. I decided to Julianne it. This is just the French way of saying I cut it into strips. I figured this way I could eat it in one bite or with out a fork. Once you have your protein ready then decide what you love eating with that protein. If you use chicken maybe add asparagus. If you don't eat meat and want to use tofu well anything pairs with that.



After  thinking about what I would want to eat in a wrap. I came up with carrots and apples. This may sound odd to have apples in a wrap. In the past months I have come to love apples and balsamic. Since I wanted to have color I added carrots peeled. The apple gave the wrap a nice crunch as well.





In the end the wrap was pretty good. Everything blended really well together. When it came to the balsamic it is just a simple olive oil and balsamic vinegar. All in all it worked out well and turned into a fresh way to eat a sandwich. Plus we all eat a ton of carbs so cutting them out of one meal won't kill us. I know its crazy talk but someone had to say it sooner or later. Until next time do something amazing with the food you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment