Saturday, August 4, 2012

Finding the plus side of every situation

The First week of August has begun and I have officially been in Vienna for one month. After the conference the church settled back into our normal routine. We said farewell to one of the interns as he traveled back home. Now there are two interns left and we are about to get ready for summer Bible Seminar. But, before we can all head out on holiday we have to finish off this week.

On Wednesday my host mother and I got to speak for mid-week service. We settled down on a nice couch and let the congregation see how we live. It was nice being able to speak again, I am getting less and less nervous. This weeks discussion was on difficult people. How do you handle someone who is being difficult? Also, what does the Bible say we should do when we encounter a difficult person. While preparing what we were going to say my host mother and I got to enjoy many of the situations we have encountered and many difficult people we have known over the years.  At the time people who get under your skin may seem to never leave, looking back there is a sense of joy knowing that you made it through and have the stories to prove it. It was a joy being able to give the topic at church and a nice bonding experience.

You may be wondering how I have not shared any horror stories from my trip. Like most people who work overseas, the joys out weigh the hardships. This is not to say that some points haven't been hard or trying - they have. Here is a silly thing that happened just the other day. I scraped my elbow while jumping on a trampoline - jumping on a trampoline with some new friends out weighed the scraped arm!  Also, for those who know me well and those who don't ATM's have never been my strong suit. You may think, "how can someone not know how to work an ATM?" apparently if you forget your password then your credit card will get eaten by one.  Mine did!  Not to fear, it was my fault for pressing the buttons t0o many times. Here is a heads-up, if you ever go out of the country make sure you have some cash tucked away since ATM's can keep your credit cards. On the bright side, I learned something new.

Like I said before, Summer Bible Seminar is coming up and for the next two weeks I will be enjoying a different part of Austria with the church. Our week will be filled with fun, preaching, and food. I will write about those adventures when I return but until then remember to enjoy the scenery for their is someone wishing they could be where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment